Apply for this position be sending an email with your resume attached.
A General Kitchen Employee in the Dining Hall is responsible for assisting with food preparation, working as a serving line attendant and cashier, dish-washing and various other duties related to the operation of ACES Dining Services.
- The General Kitchen Employee will follow proper procedures for salad preparation, setting up and garnishing the Salad Bar along with the required quantity, quality and appearance of the final product including the cleanliness of the salad and vegetable preparation area.
- Questions regarding the preparation of any menu items should be directed to the Production Supervisor, Cook, or Unit Manager for immediate action. Proper cleanliness of the preparation area and equipment used is the responsibility of the General Kitchen Employee.
- General Kitchen Employees will follow proper procedures for portioning and supplying the serving line of desserts and throughout the meal period.
- Cleanliness of the equipment used for salad bar, food preparation areas and portioning desserts is the responsibility of the General Kitchen Employee.
Serving Line/Cashier Station
- A General Kitchen Employee will follow procedures for working on the Serving Line. A General Kitchen Employee will set up the Serving Line and cashier station according to the needs of the menu being served at each meal period. The General Kitchen Employee is responsible for the proper appearance at all times of each menu item that is being placed on the Serving Line including maintaining proper serving temperature throughout the meal period. Keeping all menu items replenished throughout the meal period.
- A General Kitchen Employee will follow proper procedure for the cleanliness of the entire food serving area before, during and after the meal service period.
- A General Kitchen Employee will follow proper procedures for the use of Card Readers and/or Cash Registers when students enter the Serving Line or Cashier Station for each meal period. They are responsible for communicating policies to customers, handling procedures for customers without a meal card or for seeking assistance from the Unit Manager, Production Supervisor or Cook when there is problem.
- General Kitchen Employees will be responsible for all dish-washing. Dish washing will include following the proper procedures for; the scraping of all dishes, the proper set up of the dish-washing machine, checking for proper wash and rinse temperatures as well as proper amounts of detergent and rinse solution, the cleaning of all silverware (running it through the dish-washing machine two times and sorting it), the cleaning of all other dishware, checking sanitation of dishes and running the dishes that are not clean through a second time, and making sure all dishes are returned to their proper location for reuse. The final step in dish-washing will require the employee to clean the dish-washing machine as well as overall cleansing of entire area. Breakdown or lack of equipment should be reported to the Unit Manager, Production Supervisor or Cook.
- A General Kitchen Employees will follow proper procedures for pot and pan washing. The pot and pan washer will receive all pans used in food preparation that are not of such a design that they may be put through the dishwashing machine or in units without dishwashing machines. Proper procedures must be followed for sanitizing of the pots and pans. Pots and pans will be returned to their proper locations for reuse along with the general cleaning of the sink areas.
- A General Kitchen Employee must follow proper procedures for the sanitation of food handling carts, storage areas and coolers. Walk-in and reach-in coolers in the food preparation area are the responsibility of the General Kitchen Employee. The Unit Manager will designate periodic cleaning of these areas.
- A General Kitchen Employees is also responsible for observing any spoiled food in these areas and reporting this to the Unit Manager, Production Supervisor or Cook.
- Any equipment problem should be reported to the Unit Manager, Production Supervisor or Cook.
- A General Kitchen Employee is responsible for assisting the Production Supervisor and the Cooks, wherever it may become necessary during the course of operation. Either the Unit Manager or Production Supervisor will determine this need.
- A General Kitchen Employee may work catering events periodically assisting with food preparation, table set-ups, serving and the cleaning up after each event.
- A General Kitchen Employee is responsible to cover any area as needed at the discretion of the Unit Manager.
- Must be able to read, write and speak English
- Must be able to stand for extended periods of time 2-4 hours
- Must be able to move freely throughout production areas repeatedly
- Must be able to bend frequently
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs
- May need to complete food safety and sanitation training course
- Will be required to perform basic keyboarding and data entry into a computer/POS terminal (card reader)