Cable TV Services
Cable TV service is available in each residence hall room with 100 channels of HD entertainment. You must have a QAM Digital ready TV or purchase a converter box outlined in the instructions below.
How to Set Up Your TV
- Digital cable system outlets have all been checked and there is a working signal on all.
- Run a channel scan, sometimes called auto program (consult your TV’s manual for instructions) to accept the new digital channels
- Contact the TV manufacturer’s 800 number for set up; may have to unlock the digital tuner.
- Old style tube televisions are not supported and will require a digital tuner to view cable on campus. Cable converter boxes may need to be purchased.
- iView Digital Converter Boxis recommended and can be purchased at
- Alfred State Bookstore
- Television will need to be switched from “Air” to “Cable” on the TV set up
- If converter is required, a cable is needed from wall to converter box – another cable from converter box to TV. These are available at the Campus Store.
After trouble shooting cable problems, you can email email@example.com or call ext. 4705 between 8 a.m. and 4 p.m.
|3.1||Alfred State Visix System|
|53.1||MSG Alt 1 (Sabers)|
|58.5||Big Ten Network|
|60.4||Great American Country|
|60.9||Lifetime Movie Network|
|63.7||Discovery Fit and Health|
|64.1||Nat geo Wild|
|64.4||American Heroes Channel|
|64.5||Indepentant Film Channel|
|64.7||FX Movie Channel|
|65.2||HBO Family (West)|
|65.8||Starz in Black|
|67.2||CBS Sports Network|
|68.1||NBC Sports Network|
|68.2||FOX Sports 1|
|69.1||FOX Sports 2|
|75.2||HBO 2 (West)|
See the current TV listings.
HBO® has launched their online streaming service, HBO GO®, at Alfred State College, providing on-campus student residents with instant, unlimited access to HBO programming anytime, anywhere at no extra charge. The launch is in addition to the existing linear HBO service available to residents.
Alfred State students residing in on-campus housing can now get unlimited access to the HBO GO® service – available on any computer in the U.S. with a high-speed Internet connection as well as iPad®, iPhone®, iPod touch® and select Android™ devices. Students can enjoy even more ways to watch on Apple TV®, Google Chromecast, Xbox 360®, Samsung® Smart TVs, Roku®, Kindle Fire, Amazon Fire TV and PlayStation®3 and more – all at no extra cost.
HBO GO®, which offers more than 2,000 titles online, allows authenticated students to instantly watch every episode of every season of the best HBO® shows. This includes current series like Game of Thrones®, Girls®, and True Detective®and classics like The Sopranos®, Sex and the City® and Deadwood®, as well as HBO original films, miniseries, sports, documentaries, comedy specials, and hundreds of the latest blockbuster movies.
With the online service, students get most new titles simultaneously with their premiere on the networks; the ability to create a “Watchlist” that keeps track of bookmarked content for later viewing; bonus content including interviews, recaps, and behind-the-scenes extras; and customizable views showing titles in slideshow, grid or list format. In addition, HBO GO® can be personalized through a “Series Pass®” capability which automatically alerts viewers to new episodes of favorite HBO programs when they arrive on the service.
To activate their HBO GO® account, on-campus residents can visit http://www.hbogo.com or download the HBO GO® app, click “sign in” and scroll down to select “Alfred State” from the dropdown menu. Complete authentication by following the instructions to log in with school login credentials, then simply create an HBO GO® user ID and start watching.